Saturday, June 4, 2011

Car brakes getting harder even after changing caliper...?

My brakes got super hard 2 weeks ago and I drove it into a garage to get it fixed. If I remember correctly 鈥?he fixed my caliper and some sort of hose or something. It worked fine when I left.





Last week on the high way (there was traffic) it started getting tighter again but not as much as the first time (the first time the car could come to a complete halt without me touching any pedals or anything). I didn鈥檛 think too much of it since it was a short ride and it wasn鈥檛 as bad. But this morning it started again鈥?br>




I can鈥檛 come to a complete halt without touching the pedals鈥?but If I stop my car completely (let鈥檚 say at a red light) 鈥?I can release the breaks and the car will not move until I press the gas. And that鈥檚 a on a perfectly flat surface.





And if I鈥檓 not mistaken, it ain鈥檛 moving on neutral either鈥?br>




I got screwed at the garage didn鈥檛 I? So what should I do/check?|||I would go get a free brake check at a national chain. Sounds like the rear brakes are adusted way too tight, you have seized calipers, collapsed brake hoses, or a master cylinder problem.|||It%26#039;s possible on an older vehicle for a brake hose to swell internally and when the pedal is pressed, the fluid pressure is trapped inside keeping the brake applied%26gt;