Saturday, June 4, 2011

Car making noise even when i changed the brakes?

Hi,





I recently changed the brakes on my 94 Mustang GT. The problem is that it keeps making these %26quot;clunk%26quot; noises when I%26#039;m about to brake, or when I brake, or sometimes after I break. These noises have been going on for a while and I thought changing the brakes would solve the problem. What could it be? Thanks in advance!|||1 ball joints


2 shock/strut /or its mount


3 universal joint [driveshaft]


4 [anti] sway bar bushings





front end is 15 yrs old...how much has been replaced???|||Clunks like this usually caused by worn U-Joints or differential. I%26#039;d check the U-joints first. They are easiest to check and cheapest to fix. You could probably just change them now and see if the noise goes away. If not, at least you have replaced 14 year old %26quot;wear%26quot; parts that probably needed it anyway.|||Brakes do not clunk. It could be a broken suspension piece, it could be a universal joint. If it were me, I%26#039;d be in my mechanics face..nicely but in his face anyway. If you had it done in a big box store like Walmart Automotive..good luck





If you said..my car clunks, fix it that%26#039;s one thing. If you said fix my brakes, that is another. Either way you may have a serious situation that needs fixing|||1 you want to make sure all of the clips for the pads are on then you want to make sure the bolt sleeves are in good condition. and then if that does not work it maybe your ABS that is making the problem happen