Saturday, June 4, 2011

How often should I get my brakes changed on my car?

I got my car about 3 yrs ago. It%26#039;s a used %26#039;94 Ford Taurus. I believe the brakes were new when I got the car and I haven%26#039;t really had any problems so far with the brakes. Thanks for looking and answering!|||I was going to say check them every 2 years. But it really depends on your driving habits. Brake inspections are free, there%26#039;s no reason not to have one done.|||Brakes should be always checked every time you get an oil change. We all drive differently so it depends on how you drive. I%26#039;ve seen brakes changed at 3000 miles. If you live uphill will also make a difference since going downhill requires brakes. There%26#039;s really no time frame for brakes on how long they will last, its a matter of how you drive or where you drive.You sometimes feel a rough feeling when you press the brakes,or a squeal, but it does not mean you need new brakes. Have it checked ASAP.|||AS LONG AS YOU DON%26#039;T RIDE BRAKE PEDAL OR LIVE IN HILLY AREA 60,000 MILES AVERAGE.|||it depend on how hard you on them.i mean do you ride you foot on the brake?have someone check them for you.