Saturday, June 4, 2011

Changing car brake or not?

I thought I needed to change my brakes, but my mechanic said it looks like I still have around 50% life left in them, what should I do? I looked through my rims, and only see enough space for a wooden toothpick in between the caliper and the rotor. I only drive street, and donot ride the brake hard, I average around 6,000 miles a week.|||Wait for the warnings..





when brakes get low there is a sensor that will start making noise. It%26#039;s a light rubbing sound and it stops when the brake is applied. The brakes will also squeak when they get too low.





I don%26#039;t think you drive 6,000 miles a week.|||if you feel that your mechanic is wrong, go to another and get a second opinion.|||thin as a dime on any pad swap them


i recomend wagner thermoquiet pads there great if you want to do it yourself read my 360 page for instrutions|||theres 1 way you can find out, take the wheel off and see how far the squeeler is from the rotor.if its close, i would change them. the squeeler will let you know when its time to change them.