Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How far can I go with screeching brakes?

It sounds like metal scraping on metal. I want to take my car to my brother who could change my brake pads for me instead of shelling out 300+ bucks to some mechanic to do it. However, he lives 60 miles away. Should I go for it? Or will I crash and burn?
How far can I go with screeching brakes?
Go for it. take it easy on the brakes.
How far can I go with screeching brakes?
Just drive at a reasonable speed. I'm assuming they don't make any noise until you step on the brakes.



You will more than likely need the disc's turned if they are making that much noise already. Perhaps not. yes you should be able to make it.
You can go as far as you want as long as you don't need to stop!



Seriously, you stand a good chance of damaging your rotors/drums if you do this. That could get expensive.