Thursday, October 6, 2011

I am resurfacing my rotors on my car, should I change my brake pads at the same time?

My brake pads are at 50% life according to dealer. I'm going to be doing the job myself on the front wheels of my 2001 Chevy Impala.
I am resurfacing my rotors on my car, should I change my brake pads at the same time?
yes. if they need to be resurfaced, the pads will chatter and lip a little on the new surface. you need new pads to wear in with your new surface.



most bearings are sealed now and unless they are going out should be left alone.
I am resurfacing my rotors on my car, should I change my brake pads at the same time?
Yes and you should repack the bearings too, if you put on new rotors the pads were worn to the old rotors allowing the pads not to sit on the rotors the same way, giving you less braking power and wearing out the pads much faster and may even cause the rotors to warp.
No reason to. The rotors have no idea how old the pads are and will not revolt or protest if you force them to work with used pads. They may think they're better than the pads and not associate with them durin\



The above post is completely false and has absolutely no logic whatsoever.