Thursday, October 6, 2011

What is a good price range that getting my brakes changed should be?

I need to replace 4 brake pads on my car rear breaks, mustang 95 v8 5.0 that kinda stuff. I was thinking midas, has anyone used midas and can give me a rough estimate?



and would it be cheaper to just buy the brakes and put them on myself? because i am capable of doing that just trying to find the best way to do it.
What is a good price range that getting my brakes changed should be?
Its always cheaper if you do it yourself. Depending what kind of brakes you want but the normal stock ones I think its about 30-40 per side so around 60-80 then go to autozone to get it resurfaced for free or like 5 dollars
What is a good price range that getting my brakes changed should be?
It would be cheaper to do it yourself cause you wouldn't have to pay the labor fee to a shop. but make sure you do it right %26amp; everything is tight.

If you do take it somewhere and they replace your rear pads assuming your rotors are ok I would say your in the price range of $200-300.

Another way to save money is buy the pads yourself and take them to a shop %26amp; ask them to put ur pads on. That way you won't pay the price that they mark up for the pads.
Just for pads replacement $99.00 at Midas. But you get rotors machined as well, it trues up the surface of the rotors. But, I guaranty that Midas will tell you need hundreds of dollars worth of repairs , that's their job.