Thursday, October 6, 2011

My car takes a long time to start after air filter and brake pad change

I just changed out my brake pads and air filter, and now my car is acting really weird when I try and start it.



It barely turns over for about 10 seconds (sounds like a dead battery at first), then it starts turning over (it does this for about 5 seconds) and then eventually it starts. Once it's started, everything seems to run as normal.



It was starting just fine yesterday. COuld I have damaged something that would have caused this while changing brake pads or the air filter?



Thanks for your help.
My car takes a long time to start after air filter and brake pad change
Does not sound likely you could have damaged something. Unless you got debris into the air intake system which you could have clogged the throttle body. Thats just a possibility.



Maybe a coincidence but I would check out your battery at autozone or some automotive store with the special tool to check cold cranking amps.



Maybe your plugs and wires are due for replacement, this also causes slow cranking.