Thursday, October 6, 2011

Why is my car shaking so bad whenever I step on the brakes or go over 55mph?

It's a 1999 Ford Contour and I tried changing the spark plugs, the gas pump, gas filter and I even put the injection fluid.
Why is my car shaking so bad whenever I step on the brakes or go over 55mph?
Warped brake rotors or bad tires.
Why is my car shaking so bad whenever I step on the brakes or go over 55mph?
Sounds like a warped brake disc
Never buy a car @ income tax time. The lots showcase all of their dregs!
vibration like you describe could be wheels out of balance or brake rotors going bad or both. Need to have a mechanic check.
Since it happens even when not using the brakes but over a certain speed it could be a broken steel cord in the tire.
it might be you roter they might be worped they arenot thet expensive you might want to replace them
Possibly one of the cylinders malfunctioning or doesn't work at all or you have to make a wheel balance. That's two things that made my mazda (ford) shaking.
Get it into a shop, could be Tyre's, track-rod ends, excess play on steering/suspension, would normally go for brake discs if it wasn't for the imbalance over 55mph, needs looking at asap.
bad front calipers
well if it were JUST when you apply the brakes I would say it is definently a brake rotor issue BUT seeing as you say it happens when you are going over 55 then I would lean towards your TIRES being out of balance or out of round.. first thing I myself would do would be have the tires balanced at a tire shop at the same place they can check for tire out of round and trouble with your rotors.. rotors that are too thin (or below spec) will cause the car to shake upon braking but maybe possible to effect car at higher speeds.. try balancing the tires first(least expensive thing) then have rotors looked at.
Deffinately warped rotors. or out of balance tires
  • chaep web hosts
  • how to quilt
  •