Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why did my car shake when ever I applied the brakes?

It's only six months old, literally, and none of the lights came on. It only did it for about a 45 min span two weeks ago and hasn't since.



I got an oil change and rotated my tires. The mechanic said nothing was wrong.
Why did my car shake when ever I applied the brakes?
tell your garage that you want the brake rotors checked as they are warped.
Why did my car shake when ever I applied the brakes?
you may need a wheel balancing or allignment. also, one or more of your brake calipers or rotors could be causing an issue.
ur brakes might need changing........brakes only last as long as the driver wants them to do to driving habits........
well i have had friends with this problem and the problem was that the car transmition could be wrong, well check with another mechanic because i cant tell you what is the problem with out seen the car
I would guess, from your description, you had a tire out of balance on the steering axle. Since you rotated tires it took the imbalanced tire and placed it on the rear axle. That was the cure. New tires would cure everything you described, as long as they get balanced. Since a rotation seems to have fixed the problem, next rotation have them balanced at the same time. Transmissions seldom cause a vehicle to shake, unless they fall apart within minutes. Tires are the normal cause. Brakes will cause pulling in one direction or the other, or a lot of vibration or noise. Start simple and use a good friend with knowledge before using a mechanic, It usually saves a butt-load of money
my friends Ford Mondeo had the same problem and it was down to the brake disc's being warped (bent a little) that makes the car shake when you as you slow down.