Thursday, October 6, 2011

What causes my car to vibrate when I brake?

When I brake, my car vibrates. I changed my pads and it still vibrates. Any ideas what it could be?
What causes my car to vibrate when I brake?
warped brake rotor. it's that shiny disc thing just behind your wheel. if their warped, the brake pads engage unevenly, causing vibrations.
What causes my car to vibrate when I brake?
wheel alignment or a bad axle............been running over pot holes or railroad tracks lately?
Could be problems with the ABS, but I will bet that you just need your rotors turned (ground down) This is especially true if you changed the pads yourself. A shop would check the rotors
Your front brake rotors are warped. Sometimes they can be turned on a brake lathe to correct the problem and your looking at about $10 - $20 (US) for each rotor. If it can't be turned out, you will have to replace the rotors and that can get expensive depending upon what you drive.
Your brake rotors are probably old and deformities in them are causing your brakes to slow your wheels and different sporadic rate, making your car shake back and forth or vibrate. You should have them looked at, it is probably time to have them replaced.
Warped rotors, loose wheel bearings, bad CV Joints, bad struts, tires badly out of balance.
well dose it vibrate your steering wheel when breaking or driving if it dose check if you bolted the caliper and disc on tight,but if you had the problem before you charged your pads then it could be Tyre balance or something loose on your suspension or steering ,also check for cracked uneven brake disks or damaged calipers.
The brakes.



More specifically, your warped brake rotors - probably the fronts.
My vehicle did this once and it was the rotors.
the rotors are warped, you need to have them resurfaced or buy new ones.