Thursday, October 6, 2011

I recently had my brakes changed and now I have a scrubbing noise in the front; could it be a rotor?

I just had the brakes changed on a PT Cruiser, 2006; the day that they were changed I heard a scrubbing noise in the front; now the noise is even louder; the car doesn't shake and it stops fine; the noise is terrible. Any ideas?
I recently had my brakes changed and now I have a scrubbing noise in the front; could it be a rotor?
Does it do it all the time or only when you apply the brakes?



If it does it all the time, it could the shield that is just behind the rotor. Often this gets a little tweaked when the front is worked on.



In any case, take it to the person or place who replaced the brakes.
I recently had my brakes changed and now I have a scrubbing noise in the front; could it be a rotor?
sounds to me like one of the bolts that holds the brake caliper to the bracket has come out (not tightened ) and is rubbing your wheel.

use someone you know's towing insurance and have it towed vack to the shop, and tell them you want them to show you the damage
Personal experience, a brake pad was put on backwards. The back part of the pad was being applied to the rotor instead of the soft %26quot;pad%26quot; side. It stopped perfectly fine but was obviously wrong (loud and grinding sound).
it could be when they changed the rotors the backing plate got bent and rubbing on the rotor.just take a screwdriver and bend it away from the rotor, it,s nothing but tin.
that wizardu fellow may be right, he also may be a master tech but do you think after 35+ years he would know that brabes don stop a car
so you turned right around ,returning to shop...right?..My WAG is sticking caliper,,,distroying the rotor,,,200 to 250 repair..
go back to shop who done work best advice hav ethem recheck their work smarter and safer than crashing
  • big hair
  • asp net web hosting
  •