Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why do my Car Brakes Squeal?

Ok so I have a 2002 honda Civic Lx that I recently bought like about 4 months ago. When I bought it the brakes were perfectly fine, but I guess I was told that it needed new brakes. So my dad went to go change them for %26quot;new%26quot; brakes. Ever since, my front disk brakes began to squeal after a few times of braking when I'm driving (No I am not a reckless driver so I know how to drive and brake properly). My dad went back to see what's wrong and they told him that its just the kind of metal that is used on the brakes, that they make that noise but work perfectly fine.





So is it just the the kind of metal used for the disk or brake pad that's the reason for all this screeching or is it something else that I am not aware of?
Why do my Car Brakes Squeal?
Rock Star has it right. I use %26quot;Disc Brake Quiet%26quot;, in both a liquid application and a spray. you pull the pads, apply the stuff to the contact points on the pad (on the back - do not use it on the points where it touches the top of the caliper!), and reassemble.



The squealing is a vibration that occurs at the pad, and is transmitted up the caliper. The disc brake quiet acts as a vibration dampener to prevent the pad from chattering excessively.



Is it %26quot;the kind of metal%26quot;? Yes and no - certain types of pads that are designed to resist brake fade seem to have a tendency to develop a squeal, but from my experience, it can be a combination of the pad material, the rotor condition, and just plain luck.
Why do my Car Brakes Squeal?
at the counter of almost every auto parts store they have small 1 ounce tubes of %26quot;Squeal Stop%26quot;.

Place a little on the metal of the brake pad (Backs) reassemble

By BY squeal
usually cuz there bad or because you have break dust. by brake dust cleaner and spray all of it and then drive to 60mph and slam on breaks. should be straight. or just get brakes inspected for free at any good brake shop.