Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Frame on car is rusted, but brakes need to be changed.?

My car frame is rusted, and when we go to jack it up with the floor jack it sounds like it's going to break the frame. Should we continue to jack up the car, or should I even be driving this car?
Frame on car is rusted, but brakes need to be changed.?
Do not drive the car! I had the same problem with my first car, and then my mechanic stated the obvious - that if I couldnt even jack up the car because of frame rust, what do I think would happen if i hit a big pothole or dip on the freeway at 70mph? That scared me into taking the car off the road that very day.



If the frame is that fragile, its not safe to drive. The areas that hold up the wheels may be too damaged to support it if you hit a huge bump. Bad rusting like that isn't that rare on older cars in areas with heavy snow - salt damage. No joke.
Frame on car is rusted, but brakes need to be changed.?
I would take it to the junk heap . does not sound safe
I dont think you should jack up the car...you should see how thick the rust it..if it is total rusted out then you should not be driving it
hmmmmm let me see......you have an old rusty car, and it needs brakes, but when you put it on the floor jack, it sounds like it's gonna fall apart......



Now what do you think??????????..................LOL



Sounds like a throw away.
First off most cars realy dont have frames. So if you got a truck? Ahh screw it! Do what you gatta do, just dont get hurt.
Due to the fact you had to ask this question I have to ask. Are you sure your on the frame? Unless your car has been rotting away in a dirt pile or in the bottom of the ocean I doubt your frame has rusted away to the point it won't hold together
Put a 2 foot length of 4 by 6 inch lumber between the jack and the car frame to distribute the force along the frame. You can also drive it up on Rhino ramps when you don't need to remove the tires. Make sure to use safety jack stands too. If you don't have a good floor jack with a big saddle support, that would solve the problem probably because the big saddle cradles a bigger area of the rusted frame your jacking up. You can buy one of the newer lightweight aluminum floor jacks from a price club or Sears for less than $100
  • get rid of red eye on picture
  • How do you add message boards to a website
  •