Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why do my car brakes squeak, whenever I apply them ???/?

Is it a major problem, if my car brakes make a squeaking sound whenever I apply them, or do I need to change the brake pads? It is a Toyota Camry 2004. Would appreciate your answers.
Why do my car brakes squeak, whenever I apply them ???/?
Metal tab sticks out less than half the thickness of you brake pad. When the pad wears down to that point the metal tab rubs against the brake rotor making a noise to alert you (and everyone else) that its time for a brake job.
Why do my car brakes squeak, whenever I apply them ???/?
u ve 2 take it 2 the garage to c it 4 u not 2 blame urself later.
Front brake pads have a little piece of metal that drags on the brakes and makes a squeeling sound. It's to alert you that the brake pads need replaced.
it could be low brake pads or it could just be brake dust causing the squeak. either way get it to a mechanic and get it checked.
My wife had the brakes done on her Toyota a few weeks ago!

It squeaked before and it squeaked after!!
it's means ur brake pad are totally wear off , u must replace it asap, if no,it will damage the brake disc n cost u more
when that happens to me, i buy new rotors and pads. that's just me though, and i like spending money on my car. :)
that is your squeker, it is there to remind you that you need to change your brakes, you have a little while maybe a week at the max depending on how or how much you drive, i would get them replaced before you have to replace your rotors too.