Friday, September 23, 2011

Why do I hear a clicking sound on the front right side of my car when I step on the brakes?

I never had that clicking sound before but I recently had both my axles changed and after I got the car back from the mechanic I noticed this happening now but not always though, once in a while only. What could be the cause of this? Is it something the mechanic did?
Why do I hear a clicking sound on the front right side of my car when I step on the brakes?
I would take it back to him and have him check it. It could in fact be something that will go away on its own, but it could be a lof of things, ABS modules, improperly lubricated axle bearings, etc. If you wait, he wont warrantee it if something goes wrong.
Why do I hear a clicking sound on the front right side of my car when I step on the brakes?
this is interesting because I am having the same problem with my car. I wait to read some answers...
abs system working properly does your vehicle have abs light they may have removed it, turn key on look at lights look for abs to come on. does ur vehicle have abs? do u feel anything when u brake?
Take it back right away. It could be something minor, but if he say... forgot to tighten the lower ball joint and it falls out or breaks... that could be bad.
sounds like a brake pad is loose, also check the caliper to see if they tightened it.
it does not matter what the cause is. you paid a man to fix it and it wasn't done right. Get over there and complain. and keep complaining until it's right.

What if it caused you to lose control of the car and someone were killed or injured? Or it caused you to break down in the middle of no where etc?
I know u said the clicking starts when u brake, but how about when u turn? Honestly ur problem sounds like its more with your axle than ne thing. I would definently take it back and have it looked at. i had a similar in my integra and it was the axle the whole way!