Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my car feel like the rotors are wobbling when I press the brakes?

I changed the front brake pads a week ago because it had the same problem but lesser and something I can cruise on.I have to go slower now but anyway it's just very worse and they feel like their going to brake .. I opened it up and they look perfect. When I go fast or slow and step on the brake, it's the same wobble. It's ugly.
Why does my car feel like the rotors are wobbling when I press the brakes?
ugh.

i ALWAYS have problems with my brakes.

ever since i bought the car actually.

anywaysssss.

it sounds like your rotors are warped.

and its really easy to warp them.

its as easy as just driving and hitting a puddle,

while your rotors are warm...

simple things like that will mess them up.

you might also want to look into a new caliper as well.

:]

hope this helps
Why does my car feel like the rotors are wobbling when I press the brakes?
Most likely your rotors are warped.



You can have them turned or get new rotors.



All you have to do is remove the calipers as if you were going to change brakes, and just remove the rotors and replace. I have done this and i always get new rotors... they are just about $10 more than turning them.
Two things to check: #1. Rust inside if rotor where it slides over the studs and rust on wheel bearing hub where studs face you. #2. TIR (total indicated run-out) of either rotor friction face can be a maximum of .003 or your steering column will feel like an electric fence when braking. They need to be turned or throw them away and buy EBC rotors which are cast in Great Britain.



New brake pads do not solve rotor run-out issues. You know what needs to be done.
Changing the pads had nothing to do with the brake vibration. That problem ws there prior to the pads being replaced. Assuming you know how.. Remove the calipers as you did when you replaced the pads and depending on car or truck you own, since you did not tell us, you must remove both the rotors in the front, if the shake is felt in the steering wheel. Take the rotors to a qualified Part store with the proper equipment and have the rotors machined. Should cost you about $10.00 each to turn them down.... In some cases you can buy replacement rotors at a very low price, depending on type of automobile. If you feel the vibration in the seat bottom, go to the back brakes and do the same. Watch hitting the pot holes, curbs, and anything else...
your brake rotors are warped and need resurfaced.