Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Can an average person change their car's shocks/struts in their garage?

I have a scion TC and I recently bought shocks and struts for it. I've changed my brakes before. I can't find anything on changing the suspension. Can an average person do this in their garage?
Can an average person change their car's shocks/struts in their garage?
If you can do the brakes yourself, you can do the shocks too. An average person can't even change their own oil. I would say you are above average. Haynes manuals are pretty good.
Can an average person change their car's shocks/struts in their garage?
yes, just make sure you get a front end alignment after you're done...
I wouldnt you can break something and then be in bigger trouble.
with the proper tools and knowledge, yes. Get a book, rent the tools.
yeah you can find a person to change your shocks they are very esay to change....
probably not recommended, but if you good with cars or can get some advise from someone, sure why not. Should be that much harder than the brakes.
Dont take a risk call the maintenance guy
No. It takes special equipment, and you need experience to do something as difficult as that.
I would do it in a hearbeat , you need little knowledge. Especially with garages charging $85 an hour.