Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Car makes high pitch sound when driving, stops when the wheel turns or when brakes applied?

I just had my brakes changed. I did it myself. It has been about a week ago, and I figured it would go away but it has only gotten worse here latley. It does it when you are driving stright, not turning. The sound goes away when I hit the brakes. I was thinking maybe a loose lugnut or something???



Thanks.
Car makes high pitch sound when driving, stops when the wheel turns or when brakes applied?
ok i think your brake caliper is touching your rim

try to reinstall brake pads and if u can the whole brakes

but first find out where it is coming from

left front or right front or left real or right real

that can save you some time
Car makes high pitch sound when driving, stops when the wheel turns or when brakes applied?
Could be the metal backing behind the brakes. Sometimes if your not careful you could easily bend the flimsy metal bracket resulting it touching your brake rotor. Thus when you drive around down it'll make a loud screeching noise. Its a simple fix. All you do is just bend it back to its original position.