Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I can't get the tire off of my car to change the brakes?

i took the lug nuts off but the tire wont come off. i have a jack, and i can't take it to get them done. it HAS to get done tomorrow and i can't get the tire off. help pleasee
I can't get the tire off of my car to change the brakes?
No offense but if you cant figure out how to get the tire off maybe you should take it to someone that knows what they are doing.
I can't get the tire off of my car to change the brakes?
Your problem could be the center hub if it sticks out through the center of the rim, or you may have an incorrect rim for the car (i.e. Ford and Chevy both have a 5 lug rim but there are slight spacing differences on the lugs.) The best advice I could give you is to take a hammer and hit the inside of the rim, but be careful not to hit the outer lip because that could prevent the tire from sitting on the rim correctly. Just keep hitting the inside of the rim and turning the tire to try to walk it off.
If you have aluminum rims, they have a tendency to bond to the steel centers. My Dodge Ram did this all the time till I found out you could put a lubricant on the rim were it touched the steel to keep them from bonding. Take a 2x4 and a sledge hammer and beat it.
probably a little rusted , with it jacked up , on jack stands or securely blocked up, lug nuts off, give the wheel a whack with a hammer
Kick the tire with your foot really hard at 3 oclock and then 9 oclock to loosen the rim.
  • sexy hair
  • from eyebrow waxing
  •