Thursday, September 15, 2011

How do I push the piston back when changing my rear brakes?

I have a Tiburon, and I can't figure it out. I've tried pushing it in like you do in a traditional brake change, but that won't work, and I have heard it's different with foreign cars. Thanks
How do I push the piston back when changing my rear brakes?
You turn it back with a special tool with the bleeder open, so you dont force all the dirty fluid back in the abs pump or the master cylinder. You can get a cheapie universal square tool from sears for like ten dollars.
How do I push the piston back when changing my rear brakes?
On most rear calipers the piston must be screwed back into the caliper. I'm not familiar with your vehicle, but there are special tools that will fit into the grooves in the end of the caliper piston so it can be rotated.
Open the bleeder valve,and try.If it goes back,your brake line is clog.You should do this anyway to avoid dirty fluid entering the ABS system.
open the bleeder valve.....should be about a 7mm open end wrench. hold a rag over the bleeder then take a c clamp and put it in the center of the caliper piston. slowley tighten the c clamp and the fluid wil come out the bleeder. once where you want it. ...shut the bleeder and remove the clamp . the piston should stay put
there is two type one pusher in with anything like a screwdriver and the other twist.. look at piston if it has notches it twist in and you can rent tool for it or try turning it with a pair of pliers best way would be the tool.. try to push and releasde bleeder screw sometimes that work just rememeber to tighten it back before letting off pressure
you need a c-clamp for that job, if it,s a sliding piston and not 1 of those that screws in.
SHADE has it right ,open the bleeder valve then use a c- clamp in the center of the pad...no prob.
  • 1 web hosting
  • columnheader
  •