Friday, September 23, 2011

Why does my car shut off when i apply the brakes?

My car shuts off when i put on the brakes sometimes but everything else stays on. I have to put it in park and restsrt the car. It did this about a year ago and I put fuel cleaner in it and it hasdn't done it again until now but I put some cleaner in it and it is doing it. Does it sound like the fuel filter needs to be changed or maybe the fuel pump replaced or maybe the fuel lines? HElp Please!
Why does my car shut off when i apply the brakes?
Depending on the make and model or your car it sounds like teh fuel injectors could be gunked up. The carberator could be gunked up. Try using some gunk cleaner and fuel cleaner if that does not work then take it to a mechanic and he can flush out the system.
Why does my car shut off when i apply the brakes?
short term solution is to increase the idling speed -but have your fuel filter checked and caliberate your fuelpump - fuel line blocks can also present the same problem only your service people can tell
I agree with sheena. It definitely sounds like a vacuum leak. Listen under the hood for air escaping from any small lines.
Have to take it to a garage . It seems serious
sounds to me like a vaccum problem to the engine when you apply the brakes it robs as much vaccum as the engine is producing causing it to go into a load and stall. maybe check the brake booster for leaks
  • i enjoy an extra barrier
  • fish
  •