Friday, September 23, 2011

I just hit 30,000 miles on my car, do I need new brakes? Tune-up?

I drive a 2006 Pontaic Grand Prix. I got it new in July 2006. All that have had to do with the car are oil changes and two new tires. It is time to replace the other two tires, but I am wondering about what else I might need to do.



Do I need to change brake pads/shoes/rotors? The brake arn't grinding or anything and they seem to be performing OK, but I want to be pro-active with the maintance but not get taken for a ride at the repair shop. WHat other things might I be looking at now that I'm at 30,000 miles?
I just hit 30,000 miles on my car, do I need new brakes? Tune-up?
At 30k you will be looking at checking out the fluids mostly. Brakes you can have inspected by the dealership- usually costs you around 20 bucks. Look in your owners manual- it will show you a maintenance schedule of what is due when. As for brakes, you will only get a grinding when you have nothing left- when they hit the brake wear indicators. Don't let them get that far, but usually you are able to go til around 40-45k before you start to need brakes- everyone is different.
I just hit 30,000 miles on my car, do I need new brakes? Tune-up?
Check with the dealership to find out the recommendated maintenance check up. They usually have a maintenance package to check for all those items. I just had a minor maint. check up on my car (60k) and it only cost $115. Included checking brakes, A/C, rotating tires, oil change and many more - too long to list.








Brakes probably are getting close. Would not hurt to have them checked. I would not worry about a tune up unless its running rough.
You see that little book that comes with your car? READ IT!! It tells you when to do your servicing of your car.
  • parameter
  • good fantasy name
  •